Oswego Illinois

Located 50 miles southwest of Chicago, Oswego is well situated at the southern end of the Fox River Valley in Kendall County, Illinois. Oswego offered an easy crossing over the Fox River near a ford near the mouth of Waubonsee Creek and the first permanent European settlers arrived in the Oswego area in 1833. The Village was platted in 1835 and incorporated in 1852. Oswego is a Mohawk Indian word meaning "mouth of the stream."