Sugar Grove Illinois
Sin- Qua-Sip," the Indian name for Sugar Grove, had its beginning in the Spring of 1834 at what is now known as Bliss Woods Forest Preserve. The Village of Sugar Grove was incorporated in 1957 with a population of 125. At that time, municipal offices were located in the basement of the Community House. Sugar Grove remained predominantly a farming community until the early 1960's when residential development began on the east side of Route 47. Development continued on the west side of Route 47 throughout the 1970's, with annexation of Dugan Woods subdivision occurring in 1977. Development of the Windstone, Black Walnut Trails, Strafford Woods, Mallard Point, and Chelsea Meadows subdivisions began in late 1980's and has continued into the late 1990's. The late 1990's into the early 2000's saw the development of Windsor Pointe and the Walnut Woods Subdivision.